Engitix is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Laboratory Support Technician to support scientists and contribute to the smooth running of the laboratory. The role would suit a candidate who is looking to gain experience in a laboratory setting and has interest in science.
The role is full time and reports to the Laboratory Manager.
· Assisting in the collection and checking in of all deliveries. Communicating arrival of stock to relevant scientists and project leads.
· Preparation of buffers, LB agar plates and other laboratory reagents.
· Assist in general laboratory housekeeping by keeping benches and shelves tidy, helping with disposal of laboratory waste, autoclaving clinical waste, washing up glassware, restocking, unpacking, cleaning, and sterilising cell culture equipment.
· Support in the development and improvement of lab organisation activities which includes but not limited to ordering and monitoring of stock, equipment location and health & safety.
· Responsible for supporting sample collection and deliveries.
· General administration duties.
· Prior experience is not necessary but an interest in a laboratory environment and willingness to learn are essential.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A level or equivalent.
- Excellent organisational skills and detail orientated.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- IT skills (Microsoft Office).
To apply for this position, please send a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.