Senior Frontend Developer
Engitix is seeking a Senior Frontend Developer with experience in React to join our growing team. We are a well-funded, pre-clinical stage biotech company, developing a portfolio of programmes in fibrosis and solid tumours, based on our pioneering proprietary human extracellular matrix drug discovery platform. Since incorporation in 2016, Engitix has been on an expansion curve and currently has 50 employees and is looking to double in size over the next 12 months. The company has world-class facilities and is based in West London’s emerging life sciences campus, White City Place.
We maintain a lightweight development process and utilise modern Software Development tools (AWS, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI, etc.) to guarantee high-quality deliverables. We are looking for someone to take ownership of our frontend stack and help deliver fast, easy to use tools for our scientists and collaborators.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Working closely with Engitix scientists and external collaborators to help understand problems and iterate solutions
- Determining architectural direction of the frontend
- Keeping our frontend stack up to date
- Ensuring modern development practices are used to deliver high-quality code (e.g., unit tests, CI/CD)
- Building high quality web applications to store and visualize biological data
- Mentoring more junior developers
- Setting coding standards, performing code review
- Working alongside and supporting the Computational Biology team
- Involvement in hiring, interviewing potential new members of the team
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 3+ years’ experience working as a Software Developer
- 1 years’ experience in React
- A passion for good UX
- Experience of frontend testing frameworks like Jest
- Experience working on highly available production systems
- Interest in working across all areas of our stack – we’re a small team so manage all our own infrastructure, data storage and Python backend
Our roles offer flexible working practices that support the team’s best delivery – we go into the office once or twice a week, with the rest of the time spent working from home.
To apply for this position, please send a full CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.