Engitix Ltd, a privately-owned biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a full-time Scientist to join our multi-disciplinary team. Applicants are expected to be self-starters, team players and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment.
Engitix uses proprietary decellularisation technologies to expand cells in 3D culture. Unlike traditional decellularisation technologies which generate extracellular matrix (ECM) products from animal tissue, the Engitix 3D Tissue Engineering System produces human ECM scaffolds which retain the biophysical and biochemical properties of the healthy or diseased donor organ ECM. These ECM scaffolds are then used to develop in vitro disease models for the discovery and validation of novel therapeutic targets and to identify effective therapeutics for fibrosis and solid tumours.
- Contribute to project progression by using biochemical and cell-based screening and profiling assays to identify molecules with characteristics meeting the Therapeutic Target Profile.
- Develop, evaluate, optimise and implement novel technologies and methods for process improvement.
- Analyse, interpret and report research findings.
- Play a key role in the strategy and the decision-making process to select best drug molecule candidates.
- Work independently liaising closely with colleagues within the project team and across functional groups to ensure deadlines are met. Maintain clear and efficient communication.
- Collate results, manage drug molecule data within the project and contribute to reports where applicable.
Key skills and competencies
- Experience with mammalian cell-based assays e.g. binding and blocking assays, reporter assays, signalling assays, mediator release.
- Experience with biochemical assays such as ELISA, Luminex, HTRF, Alphascreen and FRET.
- Determination of drug EC50 and IC50.
- Prior experience with one of the following would be an advantage:
- Use of automation and HTS assays
- Use of SPR for affinity determination and/or off-rate screening
- Experience of multi-colour flow cytometry and isolation and identification of immune cells would be a further advantage.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to work to set deadlines.
- The post holder is expected to work well within a team, to have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as IT skills.
- The post holder will be good at troubleshooting, methodical, well organised, pay close attention to detail, and maintain accurate records.
- PhD or MSc with experience in Biomedical sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related disciplines.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in laboratory research in a contract research/biotech/pharma industry environment.
To apply for this position, please send a full CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com.