Scientist, Immuno-Oncology Research
08th November 2021
Engitix uses proprietary decellularisation technologies to expand cells in 3D culture. Unlike traditional decellularisation technologies which generate extracellular matrix (ECM) products from animal tissue, the Engitix 3D Tissue Engineering System produces human ECM scaffolds which retain the biophysical and biochemical properties of the healthy or diseased donor organ ECM. These ECM scaffolds are then used to develop in vitro disease models for the discovery and validation of novel therapeutic targets and to identify effective therapeutics for fibrosis and solid tumours.
This is an exciting lab-based role in which you will use genomic and proteomic-based approaches to identify candidate drug targets using our novel extracellular matrix-based cell models. Using cellular, immunological, biochemical, molecular biology and functional genomic approaches, such as CRISPR/Cas9, you will validate drug targets and novel therapeutic agents.
- Design and perform experiments aimed at immuno-oncology target discovery and validation in the fields of liver and pancreatic cancer
- Contribute to ongoing immuno-oncology research and drug discovery projects
- Establish high-throughput cell-based assays aimed at target discovery and validation
- Establish and maintain 2D and 3D tissue cultures of primary cells and cell lines
- Analyse, interpret, report and present results
- Practical experience in cellular and molecular biology, immunology, molecular pharmacology or cancer genomics
- Demonstrable experience in immuno-oncology research
- Hands-on experience of key immunological and molecular biology techniques including RNA/DNA extraction, qRT-PCR, ELISA, western blotting
- Expertise in the use of flow cytometry for cell sorting and analysis
- Experience in at least one or more of tissue engineering, histology and immunohistochemistry, fluorescence microscopy
- Familiarity with molecular pharmacology and oncology drug development would be an advantage
- Prior working experience in the biotech/pharma industry performing laboratory research would be a further plus
Qualifications and Competencies
- PhD in Biomedical sciences, Immunology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related discipline or MSc plus 3 years practical experience in cellular or molecular biology, molecular pharmacology or cancer genomics with a focus on immuno-oncology
- Able to plan, execute and critically assess experiments independently
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to work to set deadlines
- The post holder is expected to work well within a team, to have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as IT skills
- The post holder will be good at troubleshooting, methodical, well organised, pay close attention to detail, and maintain accurate records
To apply for this position, please send a full CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.