Director People & Culture
14th March 2022
Engitix is a well-funded, pre-clinical stage biotech company, developing a portfolio of programmes in fibrosis and solid tumours, based on its pioneering proprietary human extracellular matrix drug discovery platform. Since incorporation in 2016, Engitix has been on an expansion curve and currently has 35 employees. It is expected to double in size in 2022 to around 70 people. The company has world class facilities and is based in West London’s emerging life sciences campus, White City Place.
At Engitix, relationships are the foundation of accomplishment. We are one team working together in service of our mission to significantly improve the lives of fibrosis and solid tumour patients and their families. We care deeply about what we do and the impact we will have. Our dedication to be passionate, committed and respectful (PCR) is at the heart of how we operate. It’s our DNA.
We are seeking a Director of People & Culture at this critical stage of our company’s development to implement the people strategy and establish a culture and employee experience which drives the highest levels of engagement and productivity. The Director of People & Culture will report in to the Chief Operating Officer and will be a member of the Leadership Management Team. As a business partner, this role will be a catalyst for change and be a creative and constructive disruptor to business thinking and approach.
We are looking for a modern and forward-looking HR professional with high energy, high EQ and a proven track record in adding tangible value at the individual, team and organisational level.
Strategy & planning – Design and implement the people plan required to deliver the business strategy and create a highly engaging and modern employee experience. This will include the operating model required to support business growth, employee performance and engagement, culture, and leadership strength.
Business partnering – Act as a confidante to leadership and provide expert business facing HR consultation and advice. Drive and deliver improvements to organisational effectiveness, design and change management via organisation development interventions.
Employee experience – Know the people in the business and ensure deep awareness of the ‘pulse’ of the organisation. Use this knowledge, coupled with external context, to share valuable insights, risks, and opportunities to shape the people plan and manage performance, engagement, and productivity. Coach leaders to manage high performing, engaged teams and to promote and maintain an environment of respect, dignity, and inclusion, aligned to the company values and behaviours.
Talent management and development – In partnership with the leadership team, ensure a robust plan is in place to support delivery of the business strategy and maximise the attraction, development and retention of talent. Ensure a fit-for-purpose development and resourcing plans are in place to support business growth.
HR Operations – Ensure delivery of reliable and compliant HR operations in support of the business. Oversee relationship with ‘in-house’ recruitment team to deliver resourcing plan.
What we are looking for from you
- A modern, forward-looking approach to HR with a passion for creating a people experience based on trust and empowerment
- Breadth and depth of HR experience enabling sound judgment and decision making
- Track record of effective business partnering and coaching experience, taking businesses to new levels of productivity
- Good commercial acumen and recognition of how to use HR interventions to maximise business performance. Track record in adding value via proactive talent management, employee relations, change management, and organisational development and effectiveness
- Solutions-focus with an ability to apply judgment, common sense and provide wise counsel
- Confident operating independently and making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Highly self-aware and skilled at managing self and others
- High integrity, excellent listening skills and ability to develop strong trust-based relationships with all levels in the organisation
- Proven track record of successfully developing and inspiring others via communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate successfully across different cultural boundaries and teams, taking a highly collaborative approach
- Skilled at using organisational intelligence, external insights, trends and data to form sound plans, enhance culture and inform business decision making
- Active in external professional communities, aware of best practice and learns from others
- Prior experience of a start-up, and progression to IPO, would be an advantage, as would experience of the life sciences industry
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to shape and lead the people agenda for an exciting business on the cusp of significant growth
- A genuine invitation to partner with, coach and enhance the leadership of the business
- The ability to work with and grow a diverse team in a fast paced and ambitious environment
- State of the art offices at The Westworks, White City
- Competitive reward package
To apply for this position, please send a full CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com.