Engitix Ltd, a privately-owned biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a full-time Scientist to join our multi-disciplinary team. Applicants are expected to be self-starters, team players and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment.
Engitix (http://www.engitix.com) uses proprietary decellularisation technologies to expand cells in 3D culture. Unlike traditional decellularisation technologies which generate extracellular matrix (ECM) products from animal tissue, the Engitix 3D Tissue Engineering System produces human ECM scaffolds which retain the biophysical and biochemical properties of the healthy or diseased donor organ ECM. These ECM scaffolds are then used to develop in vitro disease models for the discovery and validation of novel therapeutic targets and to identify effective therapeutics for fibrosis and solid tumours.
- Develop, validate and implement primary and coculture screening assays in 2D and 3D systems using primary cells and cell lines.
- Contribute to project progression using primarily cell-based screening and profiling assays to support validation and MOA studies including biomaterial development (human extracellular matrix scaffolds) from a range of tissues.
- Play a key role in the strategy and the decision-making process to support target validation and appropriate data packages.
- Expected to work independently liaising closely with colleagues within and across functional groups to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain clear and efficient communication, collate, interpret and present results, and contribute to reports where applicable.
Key skills and competencies
- Excellent working experience of cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) and knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques.
- Experience in at least one or more of FACS cell sorting, tissue engineering, multi-cellular and/or 3D culture systems, high content screening platforms, fluorescence microscopy.
- Experience with mammalian cell-based assays e.g., reporter assays, signalling assays.
- Experience of two or more areas: Lentiviral, CrispR, ELISA, multiplex assays, multi-colour FACS, isolation of immune cells would be a further advantage.
- The post holder is expected to work well within a team and have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as IT skills.
- The post holder should be good at troubleshooting, methodical, well organised, and able to pay close attention to detail, particularly with regards to record keeping.
- Good time-management skills and ability to work to towards set deadlines.
Qualifications and experience
- PhD or MSc with experience in Biomedical sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related disciplines.
- At least 5 years’ working experience performing laboratory research in either an academic or biotech/pharma industry environment.
To apply for this position, please send a full CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com.