Engitix Ltd, a privately-owned biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a full-time Scientist to join our multi-disciplinary team. Applicants are expected to be self-starters, team players and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, creative and entrepreneurial environment.
Engitix (http://www.engitix.com) uses proprietary decellularization technologies to expand cells in 3D culture. Unlike traditional decellularization technologies, which generate extracellular matrix (ECM) products from animal tissue, the Engitix 3D Tissue Engineering System produces human ECM scaffolds which retain the biophysical and biochemical properties of the healthy or diseased donor organ ECM. These ECM scaffolds are then used to develop in vitro disease models for discovery and validation of novel therapeutic targets and to identify effective therapeutics for fibrosis and solid tumours.
- Designing and performing experiments, including
- Establishing and maintaining 2D and 3D tissue cultures of primary cells and cell lines
- Developing and implementing complex co-culture systems
- Designing, developing and performing cell-based functional assays for target validation, including knock-in and knock-out in vitro approaches using e.g. siRNA, CRISPR
- Analysing, interpreting and reporting results
- Extensive working experience of 3D cell culture systems
- Hands-on experience of key molecular biology techniques including RNA/DNA extraction, qRT-PCR, ELISAs, western blotting
- Experience in at least one or more of tissue engineering, histology and immunohistochemistry, fluorescence microscopy, FACS cell sorting
- Prior working experience in the biotech/pharma industry performing laboratory research would be a distinct advantage
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- A PhD in Biomedical sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related disciplines
- At least 2 years additional working experience performing laboratory research in either an academic or biotech/pharma industry environment
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to work to set deadlines
- The post holder is expected to work well within a team, to have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as IT skills
- The post holder will be good at troubleshooting, methodical, well organised, pay close attention to detail, and maintain accurate records
To apply for this position, please send a full CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com.