We are seeking a Scientific Programmer with deep and hands-on experience in software development, machine learning, NLP model testing, and scientific programming preferably in an AWS environment. The successful applicant must have a strong experience and understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies and software development.
This position requires demonstrated competency in coding as well as maturity, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. The successful applicant must be able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple projects.
- Build web applications to store and visualize biological data
- Support and improve existing in-house software, including Shiny web applications
- Design, code, test, debug, document and maintain software
- Support project teams and our external collaborators
- Find creative solutions and work with agility to address challenging scientific questions
- Work with bioinformaticians and computational biologists to implement innovative algorithms for a variety of research projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY SKILLS
- An MSc/PhD (or equivalent experience) in bioinformatics, computer science or a related subject
- Strong programming/scripting skills in R, Shiny
- Prior experience with machine learning and NLP research is preferred
- Experience with CM tools such as Git and GitLab
- Experience with container operations (preferably Docker)
- Working knowledge with cloud-based technologies for deployment and management of software
- Able to work in an agile way, extending existing code to meet new requirements as experiments progress
- Collaborative spirit and keen to be part of a scientific team
- Able to work effectively as a solo developer
- Background in bioinformatics is desirable
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills.
To apply for this position, please send a full CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.