Engitix Ltd is a privately-owned biotech company focused on drug discovery for fibrosis and solid tumours. Due to the significant growth of our pre-clinical portfolio and associated expansion of our translational biology activities we are now looking for a Bioinformatician to join our innovative and multi-disciplined team.
The ideal candidate will have
- An interest, passion and ability for data analysis as well as development of analysis tools.
- A demonstrable deep understanding and extensive experience in the analysis, interpretation, and visualization of -omics data including bulk RNAseq, single-cell RNAseq, microarray and proteomics data.
- An ability to explain bioinformatics analyses, methods and possibilities to the non-bioinformatician.
- Using existing bioinformatics tools and databases, perform in silico analyses of experimental data to help identify disease or tissue-specific therapeutic targets.
- Develop new in silico tools as needed, including databases capturing internal data for future analysis.
- Mine literature to link identified targets to disease biology and/or pathways.
- Work closely as part of a team to help in the design of transcriptomic, proteomic and other experiments and perform analyses to support Target Discovery and Validation.
- Develop predictive modelling, machine learning and build analytics pipelines.
- Implement departmental machine learning-based strategies to support drug discovery activities across fibrosis and oncology.
- Collaborate and manage projects with internal teams and external partners.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- You have a Master’s degree or PhD in bioinformatics or Life Sciences with proven experience in bioinformatics, and with at least two years of working experience preferably in a biotech or pharma environment.
- You have proven software development skills and are experienced in the use of e.g. ‘R Shiny’ and ‘Docker’ container technology.
- You have broadly applicable general bioinformatics skills (expression data analysis, pathway analysis, databases and repositories in the public domain).
- You also have broadly applicable data science capabilities: data visualization, machine learning, regression, natural language processing, big data analytics, different data formats.
- You have a good understanding of molecular and cell biology and signalling pathways.
- You have a clear understanding of data structures and experience with document databases and/or relational databases and/or graph databases.
- You have a broad understanding of various public and private datasets (e.g. pubmed, ct.gov, swissprot, …) and available analytics tools.
- You have experience in managing and using Cloud computing (preferably AWS), and High-Performance Computing.
- Experience with text mining in a drug/target discovery environment is a plus.
- You are a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to present data analysis results and explain bioinformatics methodologies clearly and convincingly to multidisciplinary teams.
- You are fluent in English.
We expect the successful candidate to be enthusiastic, motivated and with a “can do” attitude. While independent, (s)he will also be a proactive and strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced project environment and is able to contribute to decision-making. This position reports to the Chief Scientific Officer.
To apply for this position, please send a full CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.