Engitix Ltd, a privately-owned biotech company focused on drug discovery for fibrosis and solid tumours, is seeking a full time Associate Scientist to join our team based at London’s Royal Free Hospital. Applicants are expected to be self-starters and comfortable working in a dynamic, creative, entrepreneurial environment.
These include but are not limited to:
- Developing biomaterials (human extracellular matrix scaffolds) from a range of tissues.
- Characterising the resulting biomaterials by histology (processing, routine histological staining, imaging).
- Performing RNA/DNA extraction, ELISAs and qRT-PCR.
- Establishing and maintaining 2D and 3D cell cultures (primary cells and cell lines).
- Assisting with sample collection and maintenance of accurate inventories of samples/cells/tissues.
Qualifications, key experience and competencies
- A BSc or MSc in Biomedical sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related disciplines
- At least 2 years working experience performing laboratory research in either an academic or biotech/pharma industry environment
- Excellent working experience of cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) and knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques
- The post holder is expected to work well within a team, to have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as IT skills.
- The post holder should also be good at troubleshooting, methodical, well organised, and able to pay close attention to detail, particularly with regards to record keeping
- Prior working experience in the biotech/pharma industry performing laboratory research would be a definite advantage
- Experience in tissue engineering/3D culture systems would be highly desirable
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a full CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.