Engitix Ltd, a privately-owned biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a full-time Associate Scientist to join our multi-disciplinary team. Applicants are expected to be self-starters, team players and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment.
Engitix (http://www.engitix.com) uses proprietary decellularization technologies to expand cells in 3D culture. Unlike traditional decellularization technologies, which generate extracellular matrix (ECM) products from animal tissue, the Engitix 3D Tissue Engineering System produces human ECM scaffolds which retain the biophysical and biochemical properties of the healthy or diseased donor organ ECM. These ECM scaffolds are then used to develop in vitro disease models for discovery and validation of novel therapeutic targets and to identify effective therapeutics for fibrosis and solid tumours.
- Perform experiments to support ongoing projects, including
- Biomaterial development (human extracellular matrix scaffolds) from a range of tissues
- 2D and 3D cell culture using both primary cells and cell lines
- RNA/DNA extraction, ELISAs, western blotting, and qRT-PCR
- Sample characterisation using histology/ immunofluorescence
- Data analysis.
- Excellent working experience of cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) and knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience in at least one or more of FACS cell sorting, tissue engineering, 3D co-culture systems, immunohistochemistry, fluorescence microscopy
- Experience in RNA interference, gene editing, recombinant DNA techniques and protein expression/analysis would be a further plus
- Prior working experience in the biotech/pharma industry performing laboratory research would be an advantage.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- A BSc or MSc in Biomedical sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related disciplines
- At least 2 years’ working experience performing laboratory research in either an academic or biotech/pharma industry environment
- The post holder is expected to work well within a team and have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as IT skills
- The post holder should also be good at troubleshooting, methodical, well organised, and able to pay close attention to detail, particularly with regards to record keeping
- Good time-management skills and ability to work to towards set deadlines.
To apply for this position, please send a full CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.